Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Birkenhead as a Senior Electrical Engineer.
The role will be an initial 9 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to carry out the development and delivery of specific electrical engineering work packages associated with the power and propulsion system engineering aspects for the project.
- Provide the electrical engineering expertise within the BAE Systems ‘on site’ team based at the Cammell Laird (CL) Birkenhead yard.
- Support the solution development of Technical Queries raised by the CL embodiment team to ensure that design intent is maintained through the change process (endorsement of TQ responses remains with the Project Delegation of Authority).
- Provide engineering expertise relating to all electrical aspects of the power and propulsion system solution within the boundary of activities assigned by the T45 PIP Electrical Engineering Lead.
- Provide the ‘on site’ technical interface on all day-to-day matters concerning the electrical aspects of the power and propulsion system solution with the customer, alliance partners and key supply chain OEMs, including the Ministry DE&S, Naval Command, MCTA, etc.
- Provide support to the development and integration of the P+P system setting to work and acceptance trials within the Contract Master Schedule (CMS).
- Provide support for assurance that the overall P&P system design is adequate i.e. it is robust, and provide supporting documentation for the safety case.
- Support the achievement of delegated project cost and schedule objectives, whilst continually maintaining quality and other performance requirements.
- Lead on-site interface for BAE with CL electrical contractor (Seaking) and GE
- Manage the interfaces between CL and BAE electrical OEMs to ensure the efficient conduct of OEM installation and test & commissioning activities (includes support to CL planning activities)
- Attend on-site acceptance events relating to electrical scope of work
- Provide support to PIP sea trials
Key skills & qualifications
- Regarded as a knowledgeable and skilled in the naval marine power and propulsion system electrical engineering discipline.
- Requires a depth and breadth of knowledge gained through substantial work experience in order to apply the appropriate principles and concepts in naval marine power and propulsion system electrical engineering.
- Has a proven capability in the design of electrical installation solutions of front line naval combatants, with a good knowledge of the applicable design standards.
- A good understanding of the T45 design guidance and policy documents would be an advantage.
- Applies knowledge and detailed understanding to electrical engineering theories, concepts, practices, principals and approaches, able to apply theoretical engineering knowledge, experience & skills to develop products & services, specifications, designs and developments, able to resolve technical & performance issues and problems for a platform, product or service level.
- A proven knowledge and experience of naval platform P+P system acceptance trials (Harbour and Sea trials)
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £39.56 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.