Senior Electrical Engineer x 2
Provide engineering expertise and undertake a defined list of engineer activities within the Electrical Engineering Team in order to deliver the Engineering Plan. Undertake a defined range of electrical/marine engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to designers, operations and other functions and ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
Ensure effective application of processes, including supporting the design, modifications and improvements in the following areas, in accordance with relevant standards and best practice:
- LV Distribution, QPS and Electrical Safety
- LV Protection Systems and Earthing Systems
- LV Cabling and Cable routing
- Converted Supplies
- Portable Apparatus and Domestic Supplies
- Aviation Support
- General and Special Lighting
- Hull Preservation Systems
- Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
- Carry out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
- Prepare specifications, develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Act as the main point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives.
- Manage assigned budgets and lead, develop and motivate assigned employees to ensure they are aware of and capable of delivering their accountabilities.
- Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority.
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
Skills / Qualifications
- Possess in depth knowledge of the Electrical discipline
- Knowledge and experience in use of ship design processes and systems to LCM guidelines
- Extensive technical knowledge and problem solving in Electrical systems
- 5 Years’ experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
- Good working experiences in more than one phase of the LCM, with sufficient experience of the total LCM to enable a good understanding of adjacent phases and through life engineering issues
PLEASE NOTE: This position has been confirmed as being assessed as INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.