Senior Designer – Hull & Outfit
SENIOR DESIGNER – HULL & OUTFIT (SC Cleared)
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Barrow as a Senior Designer.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work on hull design and outfit within cutting edge Submarine programmes in the defence sector.
- Design and develop solutions to a limited range of common design situations/problems
- Typically works as part of a team and under limited technical supervision
- Requires knowledge and experience in the use and application of design techniques
- Understand and apply a range of fundamental design processes, tools, systems and techniques
- Gaining and expanding knowledge and experience.
- Develop and produce models, drawings and other design outputs consistent with the contractual requirements to meet target dates and budget demands (Delivery to time, quality and budget).
- Operate and develop own skills within the functionality of the appropriate work.
- Communicate with internal and external Customers and production teams and with other functions as directed by the supervisor.
- Perform self-verification of own tasks to ensure completeness and quality of information and to arrange checking of work by appropriate team members.
- Answer Technical queries about his/her work within their level of knowledge and competency.
- Working as a member of a multi-functional team created to accomplish tasks (e.g. Construction Engineering team, best practice team, etc.)
- With direction begin to schedule own work to meet target time scales and budget demand using tools and techniques as directed by his/her supervisor.
Key skills & qualifications
EngTech status (or equivalent) plus suitable work based experience.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £29.50 per hour (inside IR35) + £6 per day travel
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.