Senior Commercial Officer
Senior Commercial Officer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Senior Commercial Officer.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to provide commercial services and support to meet the operational needs of line management within a defined business unit or functional areas.
- Management and administration of bids and contracts into the UK Ministry of Defence and internal customers
- Supporting the Senior Commercial Manager by taking responsibility for the preparation of quotations and proposals
- Developing and managing the commercial relationship with the customer on all support aspects of the T26 project (Note: Customers and partners are internal and external)
- Active participation in the Business Winning Capture Team, including contributing to the development of commercial proposals for potential business, including Contract Changes and the commercial review of the full suite of proposal documents
- Support to Supply Chain in the preparation of sub-contract terms and conditions as required
- Negotiation of proposals with potential customers and ensuring that this results in acceptable business agreements and contracts
- Generation of suitable NDA and teaming agreements in accordance with policy
- Working with the internal legal team and external legal advisors as required to ensure all contracts have the necessary legal input/governance
- Ability to follow up activities to ensure inputs from others are received and progressed to conclusion
- High degree of customer focus
- Commitment to meet deadlines and targets
- Responsive to the needs and wants of the customer by understanding their requirements, through researched understanding, open discussion and candid clarification questions
- Ability to work unsupervised and provide solutions for management consideration
- Provide advice on commercial policy to Line/PM and non Commercial staff making the case for the added value of these processes.
- Support and develop junior members of the team
Key skills & qualifications
- Qualified to Degree standard or equivalent
- Has practical and relevant comprehensive work experience
- Good and broad professional knowledge of Commercial principles, techniques and practices and understands how Commercial roles fit in the organisation as a whole
- Works on own initative with responsibility for delivery
- Works as part of Commerical team
- Works with limited supervision, helps define own objectives
- Has developed a general Commercial knowledge
- Has developed a basic level of business acumen in terms of wider business
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £35.44 per hour – Inside of IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.