Senior Assistant Accountant (Accounts Receivable) x 2
This role reports to the Accounts Receivable Invoicing Manager and will have responsibility for managing various stakeholders, leading engagement activities and ensuring proactive delivery of a variety of work streams both individually and as part of the wider AR team.
The primary responsibility will be for operational delivery of a high quality sales invoicing and order book management service. You will have an excellent understanding of the underlying AR operations, a comprehensive knowledge of process and procedures in this area, and a detailed understanding of the team’s strategy and goals.
This position will require the role holder to develop and maintain good internal and external relationships with a strong focus on excellent customer service. You will work with other senior stakeholders to plan and deliver forthcoming projects, events and activities as well as a strong operational service. Whilst the role is focussed primarily on service activities carried out in Glascoed, you may be required to assist the Accounts Receivable Manager with various other projects and travel to other locations.
- Support the AR Manager and deputise as the point of contact as required.
- Interface daily with the wider team and associated stakeholders across the business providing support and guidance.
- Understands how the AR teams collectively work together in order to meet their objectives and works with the service manager to prioritise duties.
- Processing sales order management including payment plan updates.
- Processing complex sales invoices in large volumes for goods/services of varied nature.
- Completion of intercompany sales trading and reconciliation.
- Support the development, testing and delivery of any new systems or processes impacting the AR team.
- Support with complex queries and aid with key stakeholder engagement where necessary.
- Support in the development of best practice solutions that meets the needs of the business in line with policy, and offer process and policy improvements where required.
- Responsible for educating and supporting the wider AR team and business partners on changes to operations born through legislation, service, customer or technological changes and ensuring any risks are mitigated.
- Will be Part qualified ACCA/CIMA/CICM or PQBE (must have experience of working in an Accounts Receivable function).
- Good experience of operating multiple accounting ERP’s advantageous.
- Good data analytical skills and an understanding of how to obtain and manipulate various forms of data into interpretable reports/data sets.
- Strong IT skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft packages including creating reports, presentations etc.
- Have a firm understanding of accounting including IFRS15, revenue recognition and how this impacts the sales ledger.
- Understand what documentation is required to process different types of sales e.g Goods despatch notes, export paperwork etc.
- Understanding of financing methods and insurance varieties to cover non payment
PLEASE NOTE: This position has been assessed as INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.