We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Barrow as a Security Manager.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to Support the security culture by raising security awareness among employees and management in the local area and modelling behaviours that demonstrate BAE Systems values.
- Develop and implement security standards, policies and guidelines and supervise all aspects of operational security for the assigned business area in line with local security strategy, policies, standards and best practice.
- Oversee the workload of the team; ensuring allocated staff are fully utilised in order to deliver against agreed programme of work.
- Review, assure and improve workstream related activities, programs, frameworks and functional processes aimed at developing best practices and integrating efficient security solutions to enhance the security environment.
- Conducts and reviews security assessments and defines operational requirements to be implemented in line with company policies, regulations and contractual requirements.
- Based on intelligence and analysis of security threats and risks, provide timely advice on the local operating environment for the business area to enable well informed business decisions.
- Ensure the team/business area’s readiness to respond to security incidents (i.e. through training)
- Drive security best practice through knowledge sharing to ensure consistency within the business area and compliance with security policies and practices.
- Maintain effective relationships and coordination with key external stakeholders where relevant as well as with key local functions and business representatives.
Key skills & qualifications
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and skills reflective of a security professional who has progressed within security positions of increasing responsibility.
- Knowledge approaches to security management including physical, information and personnel security
- Knowledge of incident management, investigations and crisis management principles
- Knowledge of security risk management techniques
- Good knowledge of BAE Systems and security functions at a local level
- Understanding of legislation and regulations related to the assigned business area.
- Good understanding of government and industry standard security policy, standards and best practice guidance
- Good influencing skills and experience in interacting and communicating with different management levels
- Ability to build trustful relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good people management skills
- Ability for independent decision making aligning to strategy and objectives set against risk consequence
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £63.28 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.