Safety, Health & Environmental Advisor
Safety, Health & Environmental Advisor – Capital Projects will support and advise the Capital projects team on all aspects of operational Safety, Health & Environmental work in line with current regulations, legislation, strategic objectives, priorities and delivery plans.
A Safety, Health & Environmental Advisor is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension, based in Glascoed Wales.
Reporting to the Glascoed site NGMS Programme Manager, you will establish, assess and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Safety, Health & the Environmental within the Capital projects department are met. To provide Discipline/Specialist technical knowledge and ensure that contractors and direct employees work safely on site and adhere to the site rules, policies and safe systems of work.
- Advise and assist all appropriate project teams to discharge their responsibilities for the Health and Safety of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Statutory Regulations and Company practise
- Preparing, maintaining and managing the implementation of project safety and environmental management plans to ensure the safety is managed in a cost effective manner
- Adherence to Construction, Design and Management Regulations 2015, support the team conduct its role as the CDM Principal Designer for internally funded projects
- Ensure that the Designer obligations under CDM 2015 are met
- Carry out regular inspections of work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with company policy, procedures and relevant Statutory provisions
- Providing regulatory and legislative guidance
- Hazard identification, analysis, review and mitigation
- Hazard log management
- Assist in the preparation and review of project H&S documents including those of 3rd parties
- Safety reviews, and verifying safety requirements
- Provide expertise during accident and incident investigations
- Constructing safety arguments and justifications
- Providing guidance and advice to maintenance and contractor teams on safety issue
- Strong safety background in Construction, Design and Management projects
- Sound understanding of Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation and standards
- A proven track record in the application of hazard identification, analysis and safety risk assessment techniques
- Solid understanding of the requirements of ISO 45001 and 14001 Standards
- Experience within Construction sectors (including civil engineering, electrical, mechanical)
- NEBOSH Certificate or Equivalent in Occupational Health & Safety & working towards a Diploma Proven experience within a SHE/Operational function in a similar regulated field
- Strong communication skills
- Degree/HNC/HND in related area
- Accredited member i.e. APS, NEBOSH, IEMA, IOSH
- Working in a defence related industry background
- Internal Auditor Qualification
What we’re looking for in you:
- Demonstrated experience working in related area
- Willing to learn new skills
- Strategic Vision
- Develops People
PLEASE NOTE This position has been assessed as INSIDE IR35.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.