Safety and Environmental Engineer
* To articulate and present complex technical argument clearly, logically and simply
* Provide assurance to the Design Authority as to the adequacy and robustness of the Safety Case and supporting documentation
* To liaise with both internal and external customers as required ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated where appropriate and agreed
* To undertake peer reviews or checking / verification tasks as directed
* To contribute to identification and rapid closure of issues emerging and to manage the resulting change embodiment activities
* To provide programme status, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plan
Please note – Current expectations are that this team will be working from home over the next 6-12 months. On-site visits may be required occasionally.
Key skills & qualifications
- Proven experience in delivery of Functional Safety Cases and complex Probabilistic Safety Analysis
Understanding/ experience of Programmable Equipment Safety Statements – Essential
- Experience of working with specifically with Defence Standard 00-055 – Essential
- Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Producing Functional Safety justifications
- Deriving Safety Function Requirements (SFRs)
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Event Tree Analysis (ETA)
- Accident Sequence Modelling (ASM)
- Experience in using safety standards and guidance: E.g. IEC61508, DO178, DEF-STAN-00-56, ARP-4761
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £60.00 per hour
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.