Safety and Compliance Lead
Safety and Compliance Lead
To undertake the role of MISC Safety and Compliance Lead for the Maritime Integration &
Support Centre (M.I.S.C.) at Portsdown Technology Park at Cosham (Portsmouth).
To ensure the MISC complies with the Company SHE Policy all relevant SHE regulatory
requirements & SHE regulatory requirements.
To ensure that stakeholders meet their SHE objectives, targets and regulatory requirements
through the provision of technical/expert SHE support and advice.
To effectively implement the integrated SHE management system whilst delivering continuous
improvement and excellence in SHE performance.
To enable the building of a strong and proactive SHE culture throughout the MISC.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Working as part of an integrated team, implement the SHE Strategy across the MISC Facility enabling the delivery of integration, cultural change, continuous improvement, SHE maturity, environmental sustainability, occupational health wellbeing and hygiene programmes, legislative compliance and development of best practice and benchmark standards.
- Provide expert advice, guidance and support to the MISC in all aspects of SHE and ensure compliance against system requirements and in the implementation of SHE Level improvement plans
- Provide management information for the identification of trends and suitable corrective actions to improve SHE performance
- To provide Safety advice in the support of the development for MISC Facility and Equipment fits.
- Be Safety Interface for NCSISS and hosted projects
- Point Of Contact for all matters appertaining to MISC SHE/OH & QA.
- Be Primary Interface with external agencies for all matters appertaining to Electro Magnetic and Laser emissions.
- Management of Installation Activities
- Technical Management of MISC Service Contracts
- Control of Contractors
- Manage and control the hazard reporting process including site inspections and investigation / closeout.
Key Technical Skills:
Relationship/Customer/Regulator/ Third Party Auditor management
Technical and Professional SHE knowledge
Comprehensive Knowledge of EMF Regulations
Comprehensie knowledge of CDM
Comprehensive Knowledge of SHE Legislation
Comprehensive Knowledge of SHE Management Systems and assurance processes
High degree of technical expertise in a wide range of SHE subjects, will be recognised as a
technical expert in more than one area of SHE (Occupational Hygiene, Management Systems,
Good written style and documentation with configuration management skills.
Comprehensive Knowledge of Configuration Management techniques.
- Basic understanding of the defence maritime industry
- Basic understanding of the partnering between Government and private sector.
- Prior experience of document management control.
- Understanding of the need to capture and maintain data generated for use by the project .
- Knowledge of BSM hierarchy and structure
HND or degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent
NEBOSH or equivalent.
CSCS Card (WHITE/BLACK/GOLD)
SMSTS (or SSSTS)
Favourable (non-essential) qualifications include:-
Kelvin Topset (or equivelant)
Appointed person for lifting activities
Fire warden / Marshall training
Banksman training (NPORS/CSCS)
General Knowledge expectation:-
Experience of Health and Safety at Work ACT, Workplace health, safety and welfare
regulations , CDM Regs, LOLER Reg, PUWER Regs and associated ACOPS.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.