We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Warton as a Safety Advisor.
The role will be an initial 18 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to provide competent and professional safety, health and environmental advice and support business operations which could typically comprise 300+ employees with diverse safety, health and environmental risks to manage.
- Be responsible for managing your own workload; this will include a number of Site projects spanning across the businesses.
- Involvement in planning and supporting emergency exercises, as well as a number of other tasks to support Upper Tier CoMAH status.
- You will be required to support the Site SHE reviews, as well as day to day site management, scorecards, statistics, incident logs, presentation packs, associate meetings etc.
- Leading on accident/incident analysis and assurance activity, along with a wide variety of related tasks that fall within this diverse role.
- Monitoring of contractor performance in line with their risk assessments and method statements will also form a key element of the role.
- Additionally you will be involved the in implementation and maintenance of the SHE Management System (Certified to ISO45001, ISO14001 and ISO50001) within your business operation, leading on risk assessment, accident/incident analysis and assurance activity, along with a wide variety of related tasks that fall within this diverse role.
Key skills & qualifications
- You will hold the NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health (or equivalent). Qualifications and/or working experience in the area of Occupational Hygiene or Environmental Management would also be a distinct advantage
- You will be an excellent communicator at all levels, and be able to adapt your communication style to fit the audience.
- You will have excellent presentation skills, and have experience running meetings.
- Experience in a SHE role would be desirable
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £25.00 per hour (INSIDE OF IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.