Would you like the opportunity to work in a challenging role that combines Manufacturing, Production and Quality engineering responsibilities? We currently have a vacancy for a Quality Engineer in our Quality, Production & Manufacturing (QPM) Engineering Team at our site in Rochester within our Power and Propulsion Systems (PPS) Aftermarket support team.
Your main responsibilities as a Quality Engineer will involve:
- Ensuring program quality requirements are met through all aspects of the product lifecycle
- Taking responsibility for the resolution of quality issues through the structured application of problem solving and root cause analysis techniques
- Primary focal point for international customer quality concerns including writing failure and repair reports
- Supportingcustomer and regulatory audits to ensure compliance to contractual flow downs and sector accreditations
- Working with key stakeholders including BAE Systems project management and the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives within projects and across operations to support the strategic goals of the site.
- There may be the opportunity to travel to visit key customers in mainland Europe and within the UK
Your skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience within a Quality Engineering environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Production Quality Systems
- Understanding of technical data and Standard Operating Procedures
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement tools and techniques
- HNC or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- High Voltage Awareness and Automotive experience desirable
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.