Quality Control Inspector
- To conduct all inspection activities in line with Programme’s inspection and test plan with applicable standards and specifications. (NDE)
- Ensure all test activities are completed and compliant in line with relevant test forms as owned by the Quality Control Team.
- Compile and issue all relevant reports in a timely manner and maintain accurate records in the sited format.
- Maintain all relevant completions management toolsets (tables, CME etc.)
- Ensure personal core skill sets meet requirements for assurance activities under taken. (see SHE passport and Quality Skills matrix requirements)
- Pro-active knowledge and skill transfer within teams. (Quality Control and wider customer/supplier)
- Implementation of Quality Tools and Techniques across Programme through continuous improvement.
- Support Quality Investigation/internal audit / process confirmation within the Naval Ships Programmes.
- Liaison with third party auditors such as Lloyds Register and customer.
- Support the Zero Defect Culture/Right First time across Naval Ships and into Supply Chain.
- Strong team working and positive professional conduct at all times.
- Demonstrate and inspire core business behaviours at all times.
- Assurance and verification of load testing of eye plates and recording results in the associated register
- Assurance and verification of the insert register – key stakeholder in approval process
- Support the team to ensure NDE programme meets Programme milestones with documentation stored effectively in CME.
- Support evaluation of NDE/Eye plate/Insert data on CME to ensure operational effectiveness in line with Programme schedule/milestones
Key skills & qualifications
- Desirable Level 3 – Radiograhy, Ultrasonics, DPI, MPI, Visual Inspection, Phased Array, Eddy Current
- Strong technical knowledge within the area of quality control and strategy associated
- Accurate interpretation of standards, specifications and processes as per Programme requirements.
- Understanding of product key characteristics and deliverables and associated reporting and metric requirements
- Understand Quality Function structure and various interaction responsibilities. (QA, BI,SA)
- Experience of working in a heavy Engineering facility
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the build process.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £26.25 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.