Project Manager – Delivery
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Barrow as a Project Manager – Delivery
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to deliver critical defence projects in the Maritime sector.
- Accountable for the budget, performance and results of the team.
- Ensures essential procedures are followed based on own knowledge of Project Management.
- Adapts and develops own project plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
- Exercises full management authority, including performance reviews, pay decisions, recruitment, discipline, termination and other personnel actions.
Key skills & qualifications
- Experienced professional with extensive knowledge of Project Management (tools, techniques, practices) and basic knowledge of other functions such as Commercial & Finance.
- Able to resolve & guide others in solving complex project-related issues, but the normal is to follow established procedures.
- Extensive understanding of the Business environment for own project and team.
- Recognised as an experienced Project Management practitioner.
- Demonstrates good commercial practices & how it integrates within own project area.
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills. Able to persuade and influence internal & external stakeholders, sometimes at senior levels internally.
- Decisions and problem-solving are guided by policies, procedures and business plan. Receives guidance from senior manager as needed.
- University level education or professional qualifications gained through industry.
- Professional PM Qualification or years of practical experience gained through application of Project Management.
- Expect to be an LCM Assessor or Chairperson.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £60.02 per hour (inside IR35)
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment