Project Engineering Manager
Engineering Project Manager
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Engineering Project Manager.
The role will be an initial 3 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to lead a team and review, work packages to ensure that the work is delivered and safe, being front and centre in resolving any engineering issues during the delivery.
- During project delivery, resolve production queries as quickly as practicable within safety / design intent. The role will include the need to carry out engineering calculations, investigate and resolve engineering and maintenance support issues, and to support Ops, COMs and Project Management functions in the delivery of ship projects or programmes. Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority (within Design Intent).
- During project planning, review all work in conjunction with ship’s staff, COM and Ops to ensure that it contains sufficient engineering content, appropriate levels of acceptance and assurance and that product safety / quality considerations have been incorporated into the Project Haz ID / Quality Scope.
- Responsible for driving technology / process focussed improvements into the business and seeking out opportunities for future development of the business.
- To maintain engineering oversight, providing engineering governance, assurance and facilitating project(s) to ensure overall quality and integrity of production work in addition to formal quality related events.
- Line Management of Direct Reports.
- To liaise closely with ship project staff regularly during the course of the project and to ensure that emerging engineering issues and queries are identified and addressed through appropriate engineering channels.
- Work closely with Production Teams ensuring requirements are fully understood and output is of the required standard.
- Ensure compliance with mandated MOD safety and environmental systems, Systems Engineering Governance, Product Safety & associated Frameworks
- To have involvement in the development of necessary SEMPs and project hazard Logs in support of the Maritime Product Safety Framework. Chair regular HAZID and attend Risk Register reviews ensuring a coherent approach to Engineering Management across COM Programme activities, enabling transfer of best practice across all relevant
Key skills & qualifications
- Extensive experience of repair, maintenance and integration of ships, their systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of design support activities with ability to conduct engineering calculations in support of tasking requirements.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an Engineering position managing complex marine engineering projects with specific experience in leading complex system integration.
- A broad knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, Constructive, and Combat Systems.
- Experience of the development of naval ships, and the procurement of marine systems, equipment and materials.
- First hand experience in a senior marine engineering projects role.
- Degree in relevant Engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineering Registration.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £65.00 per hour (INSIDE OF IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.