We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Preston as a Project Controller.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to be part of a team of professionals using world class project control techniques to support the Project Managers in the delivery of large, high value, technically complex and strategically important programmes.
- Establishing and managing the project schedules.
- Tracking spend and controlling project costs.
- Implementing and utilising Earned Value Management (EVM) methodologies when appropriate.
- Driving ownership of the work scope tasks throughout the project team.
- Analysing project information to enable early identification of problems and then implementing mitigation actions.
- Providing managerial analysis and a level of independent challenge to the organisation with respect to project performance.
Key skills & qualifications
- Experience of operating an effective project control system to define progress and identify programme performance issues.
- Demonstrable experience of risk, opportunity and change management.
- Experience creating and maintaining project schedules using toolsets such as MSP, OPP, Primavera.
- Strong proven experience of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills to enable key decisions to be made effectively.
- A formal project management qualification (e.g. APMP, PMQ, PMP or Prince 2).
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £33.25 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.