We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Project Controller.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work on some of the most cutting-edge naval and maritime engineering projects for the defence industry.
The individual in this role will operate PM&C processes on a medium/large project, or be responsible for some aspects of PM&C (for example scheduling) on a larger and more complex project. The role may report to a Lead PM&C Professional, or to the project’s Head of PM&C or directly to the Project/Programme Manager.
At this level the incumbent may supervise or guide one or more professional staff, and be involved in managing their delivery and performance and providing appraisal and support to their development.
They would have a level of specialist knowledge in one or more areas of PM&C practice and are expected to be able to adapt and apply these practices in different circumstances, to develop these practices and to guide and instruct others in their application.
- PM&C reporting
- Project scheduling
- Problem solving, based on previous experience and knowledge
- Administration and general office skills including spreadsheets/Microsoft packages
- Lead non-complex projects or work packages
Key skills & qualifications
- Understanding of Line of Business or project, its markets, customers, strategic priorities and culture.
- Experience of building relationships and negotiating outcomes with internal stakeholders.
- Some understanding of the wider PM&C Management environment, and of developments and practices in the field.
- Some understanding of the structure, organisation, processes and culture of Line of Business or project, so as to be able to support implementation of appropriate PM&C approaches.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £26.73 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.