We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Scotstoun as a Project Controller.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to support the Project/Programme Manager or Control Account Manager with aspects of managing a large project/programme (such as managing a particular work package), or manage a small project.
- In the absence of the PM, delegated authority to lead in setting and agreeing direction with senior management of other functions on behalf of the project
- Integrate all functions to identify, manage and support the resolution of project specific issues, to enable the achievement of programme objectives
- Manage project scope (likely to be a lower level of complexity) to ensure that all aspects are fully defined to ensure customer requirements are achieved as well as ensuring the accurate recording and reporting of progress of planned targets for budget, schedule and quality.
- Utilise planning and scheduling understanding to interrogate activities and plans.
- Support the management of assigned cost accounts to ensure completion to planned targets for budget, schedule and quality.
- Lead the management and review of the project Estimate at Completion (EAC)
- Lead the co-ordination of the quarterly look ahead (QLA) process and stakeholder input
- Coordinate any change applicable to the project & continually deliver improvement across the business. Ensure changes are incorporated within the project in a timely manner to avoid negative impact.
- Manage the risks / opportunities that develop during the project within their area
- Proactively lead the capture, collation, documentation and transfer of project LFE (Learning From Experience)
- Maintain a focus on milestone, contract deliverable and acceptance event delivery
- Ensure compliance and assurance with LCM mandates and reviews
- Support PM with preparation and sign off of the Control Account Plan and requirements capture.
- Support the preparation and maintenance of the Project Management Plan
- Monitor and controls their scope through the delivery phase with focus on resource management analysis
- Support business case development
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £32.50 per hour
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.