Project Accountant Analyst
aap3 Recruitment are working exclusively with an engineering client near Portsmouth on a permanent Project Accounting Analyst position. Due to significant growth, and future projects coming through it’s a great time to join an exciting, innovative technology company.
This position will enable the business to deliver improved operations through management of enhanced reporting and analysis, and with a focus on automation through system and process improvement.
Operating across different operational areas and departments, the Project Accounting Analyst is responsible for supporting a variety of design, manufacturing and engineering support projects to time, budget and quality. The role will help manage all aspects of the project lifecycle from bid to project closure, enabling improved decision making and operational performance throughout.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Regular reporting and forecasting of project costs, profitability, cash flow and risks against budget. Reconcile reporting and forecasting of costs across systems and reports, ensuring accuracy and control at all times.
- Support the delivery of projects for the business as part of our wider project delivery teams, proactively managing, influencing and driving progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action at all stages from bid to closure.
- Communicate and document progress, issues and solutions to senior managers and the wider project delivery teams, obtaining their input as appropriate, throughout the project lifecycle(s) ensuring full control at all stages in line with delegations.
- Support the project planning process, taking into account the need to analyse resources and equipment for all required project activities, and ensure that full visibility of costs is given.
- Ensure compliance to overall Finance Department standards and procedures. Assist the wider finance team in other tasks as may be needed from time to time.
What you will need:
- Direct experience with project finances in a medium to large sized business
- Demonstrate good commercial awareness and understanding of financial management, and key principles of cross functional project management
- High levels of attention to detail and the ability to work independently where needed
- Demonstrate a good understanding and/or experience gained in the use of Project Management tools.
- A keen interest and understanding in business analysis: developing engaging reports, MI and managing complex datasets.
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve UK Security Clearance. For this you must have a valid UK Passport and lived in the UK for the past 5 years.
- You must have willingness to travel to customer sites, as and when required.
- Salary will be dependent on skills and experience, so to discuss further please apply for the role and discuss with the recruiter before you are officially submitted to the client for consideration.
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment