- To supervise subordinates (Team Leaders Team Members etc.) to ensure that work is processed to customer specification, on time to the appropriate health and safety and environmental standards.
- Conduct daily tier meetings, update and maintain all tier boards, metrics and KPI’s and conduct shop floor reviews using 5Y, 8D or A3 to identify root cause and corrective actions for all non-conformances raised within the area, and any significant variances to budgeted times.
- To organise the workload to meet business targets, setting and changing priorities as needed, and to arrange the necessary materials and resources, to ensure on time delivery to the customer, whilst taking responsibility for the tools and equipment in terms of capacity and maintainability.
- Responsible for the generation of training plans, training, continuous improvement, updating the skills matrix, ensuring multiple single skill depth. Maintain all documentation relating to the function in accordance with company requirements.
- To manage day to day HR issues within the area, including recruitment, appraisals, generating and maintaining high morale, maintaining and controlling attendance records, discipline, good employee relations and communications.
- To lead and continuously improve the work within the area, using lean manufacturing techniques (value stream mapping, takt time, line balancing etc) while ensuring compliance with Quality standards.
- Liaise with other internal departments i.e. Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, QA to ensure work is completed to plan.
- Implementation and development of line side kanbans to facilitate continuous flow line production. (not batch)
- Implement, development and manage 5s and other Lean activities in line with company requirements.
- Put into place action plans to correct any areas where targets are not being met.
- Ensure areas TPM is conducted and recorded, any machinery or equipment failures are managed, document and communicate to the appropriate function, agreeing the necessary actions to restore production quickly.
- Responsible for the smooth introduction of new products and processes ensuring correct documentation is available.
- Responsible for the monitoring and management of standard times and their achievement.
- Carry out other duties commensurate with the position as Production Supervisor
- Experienced in MS Office, Excel, Word & Powerpoint
- Experienced with ERP Systems & planning attributes
- Experienced in Lean Methodologies, training and implementation
- Facilitator in Visual Management
- Minimum of 2 years team management experience
- Experience in flow line manufacture.
- Experience in a fast paced Aerospace or Defence Quality manufacturing environment would be desirable.
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment