We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Production Planner.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to convert customer requirements into production ready tasks, suitable for integration into a deliverable project schedule and simple to prepare and deliver.
- Interpret customer requirements to create suitable task list breakdown structures representing current production processes and method, to identify dependencies and carry out any required low level scheduling.
- Identify the materials, sub-contracts and services required in support of the work and liaise with the supply chain function and review quotes to ensure plans contain an accurate cost and all the work scope is covered.
- Calculate the hours effort for each trade required using production process standards, parametric estimating methods and own knowledge.
- Carry out all pre-production checks to ensure that the tasks can be moved through the Ways of Working process utilising the Yellow board to enable work to progress through onto Green. To also rectify Planning issues identified on the Pink and Red boards to assist progress back through to Green.
- To help maintain cost estimating and standard job libraries by creating and enhancing standard task lists with parts information in accordance with part creation policy, taking previous feedback and performance history into account.
Key skills & qualifications
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of ship repair production processes, methods and safe practices within one or more trade disciplines and the practical implications of product safety assurance.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings/specifications and customer requirements and liaise with customer where necessary to resolve technical issues.
- Ability to carry out ship visits both in the UK and abroad to evaluate customer requirements in more detail
- PC literate and competent with Microsoft Excel/Access and able to use an ERP system without supervision to undertake the planning role.
- Logical, analytical and structured approach to problem solving
- Self management and motivation to identify and deliver tasks within acceptable time frames with minimal guidance and supervision
- Able to support other team members and monitor own and team progress against planned delivery and quality targets and to contribute to continuous improvement of the planning function.
- In depth knowledge of production processes and safety within a ship repair environment and how they are deployed Awareness of general H&S/Environmental regulations and safe working practices
- 5 years refit/installation/repair experience in a shipyard environment ideally in addition to a recognised apprenticeship
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £33.14 per hour (Inside IR35)
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment