Product Security Engineer
Product Security Engineer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Broad Oak as a Product Security Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to ensure Information Assurance and Security across multiple programmes across the Maritime Sector. Including liaising with projects, system accreditors, producing IA documentation such as RMADS, providing advice and guidance to shape the technical solution.
- Keep up to date in relevant IA standards, process and technologies, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
- Support the IA special interest group by sharing best practise
- Ideally we are looking for individuals that have experience in the production of Risk Management Accreditation Document Set (RMADS) (this would be number one on the list) or have experience of working with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Framework or alternatively having achieved ISO27001 accreditation.
- Manage the Accreditation of a number of Maritime programmes at varying points in the lifecycle.
- Liaise with the system accreditor(s) to manage expectations and ensure that IA requirements are met and risk is reduced to acceptable level.
- Determine the IA Strategy for each project including how requirements will be flowed down to suppliers
- Influence and shape the technical design for each product to build security into the design from the beginning.
- Ensure project security is in place including arrangement between suppliers and partners and for reference rigs.
- Support functional IA activities.
Key skills & qualifications
- Experience of or working in information assurance (particularly if working with UK/NATO/International standards) would be an advantage.
- Experience of working within a large engineering programme would be an advantage.
- CCP qualifications or experience of competencies of practitioner level in ‘Security & Information Risk Advisor’ and/or Senior IA Architect role would be an advantage.
- Must have completed an IAS1&2 Training Course
- Solid engineering experience and background
- Flexible to new challenges and skills
- Attention to detail and able to identify priority areas of focus.
- Producing and collecting Accreditation Documentation
- Inputting sections of the Bid Proposal Document
- Contribution to the wider IA Special Interest Group
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Can be based in Dorchester and Frimley
Location: Broad Oak
Rate: £61.81 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.