Product Safety and Environmental Engineer (Explosion Safety)
This role will provide you with the chance to work alongside subject matter experts within an exciting and specialist skills area, whilst working on critical and complex engineering projects. This role will also give you the opportunity to develop processes and policies for the site, and influence change.
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Engineer – Explosion Safety will involve:
- Undertaking DSEAR assessments
- Taking a lead role in explosion safety compliance activities across a variety of projects to meet strategic explosion safety objectives
- Monitoring, recording and reporting against key performance indicators for explosion safety through a variety of key stakeholder groups
- Developing, producing and maintaining explosion safety process documentation and management strategies for site
- Producing and reviewing explosion strategies and risk assessments
- Reviewing and supporting Commissioning Strategies for explosion safety systems
- Reviewing of engineering documentation (relevant to explosion safety)
- Providing support to regulatory body site inspections
- Experience of working in an explosion safety engineering environment and applying various methods of hazard analysis
- DSEAR risk assessment experience gained from a high hazard industry and understanding of hazardous area classification
- Proven track record in implementing business processes to achieve strategic objectives
- Passion for safety and open to developing new skills and undertaking further training in explosion risk management
- Degree qualified in STEM discipline
- Good communication skills to effectively liaise with stakeholders
- Strategic thinking
- Energy and enthusiasm
PLEASE NOTE: This position have been confirmed as being INSIDE IR35.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.