We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Govan as Procurement Manager.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work across a number of exciting projects related to the construction of new facilities and services infrastructure or the repair or refurbishment.
- Preparing project Procurement Strategies with stakeholders and gain approvals as required
- Leading on the end-to-end procurement lifecycle of projects, from sourcing to contract negotiation / execution and ongoing supplier performance and relationship management
- Preparing construction contracts based on standard forms of construction contract (JCT and NEC), incorporating BAES commercial, legal and insurance requirements as required
- Leading a small team of Procurement Professionals
- Providing day-to-day procurement support and advice to key stakeholders tailored to the nature and risk of the scope
- Providing challenge into the conventional way of thinking and contracting, in order to develop innovative, business winning solutions
Key skills & qualifications
- Experienced in working as part of fast-paced multi-disciplinary project teams with excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Experienced in the use and administration of JCT and / or NEC construction contracts and managing commercial negotiations.
- Ability to think logically and problem solve to meet project delivery requirements with minimal supervision.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £44.30 per hour (Inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.