We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Glascoed as a Process Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work as a Process Engineer working within a multi-disciplined team involved in the design, manufacture, and support of new products in the Defence sector.
- Developing new manufacturing processes, in line with Engineering Plans and Budgets
- Ensuing that manufacturing processes comply with industry standard controls that ensure long term process stability, including: Lean Principles, Process Control Plans, PFMEAs; plus,awareness of Programmable Logic Controls and Visual Management Systems on automated process lines
- Specifying and qualifying new equipment, working with suppliers to meet tight deadlines, and ensuring all process equipment meets regulatory and safety standards
- Coordinating development activities to establish supporting data that ensures the manufacturing processes are based on a sound understanding of the materials which are being processed and the technology adopted for the plant and equipment
- Coordinating and managing a project data file capturing process and design information; to include, trials data, process definition (including drawings and specifications), certification and safety data
- Working with other engineering personnel and functions to develop a network of capable suppliers to satisfy the business needs
- Leading and supporting project activities, to include process reviews, capability studies, and Safe Systems of Work
- Presenting to line management and other stakeholders on topics relating to process status within development or production, e.g., KPIs
Key skills & qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent BTEC (HNC/HND) qualification in a technically based discipline (mechanical/manufacturing/chemical or equivalent) supported by complementary experience
- Previous experience of manufacturing processes and material processing
- IOSH Managing Safety / NEBOSH Certificate
- Experience of working in a high hazard environment
- Awareness of automated controls on process lines
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £32.35 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.