The successful applicant will have a strong background in manufacturing process development and also have a working knowledge of Non-Destructive Techniques (NDT) and PLC systems, preferably Siemens. Many processes involve the control of powders, liquids or slurries through pressing, casting or extrusion processes; therefore knowledge of materials technology or fluids is desirable but not essential. In cases of no or limited materials technology processing, the candidate will demonstrate an aptitude to learn and develop expertise in this subject.
Specific duties will include the identification and management of process technical requirements, provision of expertise into the risk management process, provision of engineering support to the tendering process, implementation of safe system of work and the technical management of the commissioning and qualification process. A further important part of the role will be the support of continuous improvement activities on existing products and processes, which will involve the planning and introduction of process changes in a controlled and timely manner.
Applicants must be self-motivated, able to demonstrate good planning and organisational skills, have a good technical and manufacturing base, show initiative and be able to work under pressure. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential, together with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Plan and manage manufacturing process development activities within capital budgets, whilst providing solutions and processes that are robust, timely, and cost effective which meet with customer expectations.
- To coordinate development activities to establish supporting data that ensures the manufacturing processes are based on a sound understanding of the materials which are being processed and the technology adopted for the plant and equipment.
- To coordinate and manage a project data file capturing salient data including design and rationale, trials data, process definition including drawings and specifications, certification and safety data. This data is to be controlled through the company’s Product Lifecycle Management system, Teamcenter.
- Work with other engineering personnel and other functions to develop a network of capable suppliers to satisfy the business needs.
- To develop robust manufacturing processes implementing industry standard controls to ensure long term process stability, including but not limited to the following: Lean principles, PCPs, PFMEAs, PLC monitoring with Built In Test and Visual Management Systems.
- Lead and support a number of activities including process reviews, capability studies, Safe System of Work, preparation and compilation of progress reports.
- Present to higher management and customer representatives (verbal and written) on topics relating to process status within development or production, e.g. KPIs.
- To assist in the preparation of new and revised company standards to support the design and procurement of new equipment
- To keep informed and abreast of general manufacturing technology and assist in the development of future technology plans to support the company’s mission statements.
Qualification and Experience (D – Desirable, E – Essential)
- Minimum HNC/HND Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical or equivalent (E)
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of materials processing (D)
- Experience an demonstrated knowledge in manufacturing in a high hazard environment (D)
- IOSH Managing Safety/NEBOSH Certificate (D)
- Green Belt Six Sigma (D)
- A good understanding of project/risk management and the ability to use associated tools and techniques. (E)
- Formal training in Programmable Logic Control (PLC) (E)
- Competent in the use of computers including Microsoft Office (E)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.