Principle Manufacturing Engineer
Principle Manufacturing Engineer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Govan as a
Principle Manufacturing Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide youwith the opportunity to be responsible for influencing vessel design, optimising production processes, methods, facilities, equipment and tooling to drive improvement to achieve and exceed performance in safety, quality and cost targets.
- Ensure design intent is being met (interrogating windchill, DIPS etc) through providing valued input and embedded support within engineering communities to ensure engineering outputs are to expected standard.
- Provide support and guidance to engineering community to ensure outputs meet requirements to enable right first time installation or manufacturing to be conducted.
- Liaise closely with Design for Manufacture Team on creation and release of Manufacturing Instructions.
- Contribute to setting strategic vision for First Article and assign appropriate action in line with strategy.
- Identify and ensure appropriate level of stakeholder engagement with the FA process.
- Ensure effective application of process in assigned areas, including supporting all stakeholders in achieving best practice.
- Co-ordinate all FA review tasks associated to designated area.
- Being POC for said area for all FA matters.
- Ensure all relevant LFE is embedded from previous phases/ project and Quality investigation database is interrogated and any relevant enablers captured within enabler checklist.
- Ensure any known change is fully understood and captured within enabler list.
- Drive continuous improvement into FA process.
- Track and chase actions to resolution.
- Ensure quality check has been completed.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is present and correct allowing for an auditable ‘Paper Ship’ and compliant with configuration control guidelines.
- Reporting of updates as per Project and Functional requirements
Key skills & qualifications
- Develop and Significantly influence ME activities
- Convert Eng Design Intent into ME data for ME / Operations Use
- Develop & Manage ME staff in line with existing processes.
- Where appropriate, confirms and approves team member work.
- Creates and supports benefit cases for funded improvements
- Observes, collates, documents data and uses analysis tools to trend/make recommendations
- Understanding and Influencing Product Design to define optimised products to meet operational capabilities.
- Agree and Prioritise schedules, plans and activities to meet Project / Programme Requirements.
- Lead, develop and motivate assigned team members through good open and honest communications.
- Good stakeholder management skills and experience in working in a multi- disciplined environment. Ability to create and foster an open and professional relationship with stakeholder representatives.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to management and peers through clear and concise documentation that demonstrates sound understanding of First Article related matters.
- Displays flexibility through response to radical change
- Display confidence in leading First Article Stakeholders through the First Article process lifecycle through chairing meetings to provide informal leadership to small ad hoc multidisciplinary teams and stakeholders.
- Coordinate and lead representatives from cross-functional areas and establish role as key point of contact for all First Article matters.
- Be an active and collaborative team member who assists and encourages others towards the common goals of the project.
What we’re looking for in you
Manufacturing Engineering Fundamentals
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £50.01 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.