Principle Design Engineer
PRINCIPLE DESIGN ENGINEER
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Principle Design Engineer.
The role will be an initial 6-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work on cutting-edge Maritime and Naval Engineering projects within the defence industry.
To undertake a defined range of detail design activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to operations and other functions and/or to organise and co-ordinate aspects of detail design activity ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
- Deliver a programme of work to develop and evolve concept/prototype products to market ready status.
- Produce and develop complex designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out detail design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained, taking due cognisance of Design for Production.
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a design team.
- Support the development of best practice to increase the capability, performance of tools and processes
- To identify training requirements, skills gaps and development requirements of own discipline.
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
- Define work scopes and compile accurate estimates for engineering programmes of work
- Provide inputs to project design reviews
- Support the team to define project requirements and acceptance criteria
Key skills & qualifications
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all aspects within his/her discipline.
- Able to perform robust analysis using recognised draughting and analytical tools and to make sound judgements based on experience.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting responses in assigned areas to operational units or other activities.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £61.57 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.