Principle Combat Systems Engineer – Home Working
- The T45 WTA Principal Combat Systems Engineer applies a depth of specialist design knowledge in order to undertake a defined range of engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supporting the Combat Systems DTA and other functions to organise and co-ordinate aspects of engineering activity ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
- A good understanding of internal business processes and the external business environment,
- Leads complex design projects including research, review of engineering design guidance, development and post design services support, involving the full Engineering Lifecycle, to meet defined project or business requirements.
- Delegated Authority to certify that designs meet design intent, conforms to product safety and environmental legislation, and is fit for purpose
- Works with a high degree of technical autonomy whilst ensuring adequate integration with other engineering functions involved with a particular task or programme of work to ensure all aspects of the system design are considered.
- Review design specifications and carry out design activities in line with specifications and advise on all quality and technical standards, and carry out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
- Drafting, vetting and editing technical reports or other documents relevant to, or required by, a particular task in order to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated with recipients.
- Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
- Carry out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and advise on recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
- HNC/HND qualified, or equivalent, in a technology, engineering or science related discipline.
- Meet the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer with the Engineering Council and preferably be a member of a relevant professional body.
- Detailed understanding and experience of design engineering in a defence or related industry.
- Experience of working in the Naval Support environment.
- Responsible for checking all information, as defined in the CSM process and WTA Engineering Management Plans Quality Plan, contract specification and regulatory documents relating to Combat Systems Design.
- Knowledge and understanding of how Combat Systems Design work interacts with the work of other teams.
- Conversant with the use of IT and Microsoft Office applications and appropriate MoD IS applications
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.