Principal Welding Engineer
- Provide welding engineering guidance and support to structural and piping areas across the submarines business unit.
- Undertake Procedure Qualification Record development, testing and formal approval of welding procedure specifications to support process improvements within the production environment.
- Assist with preparation and transmittal of welding documentation to production areas.
- Monitor weld quality within structural and piping areas and report findings to line management.
- Conduct routine process audits within production areas to investigate defect trends and facilitate improvement.
- Investigate and review emerging process technology and consumables for applicability to submarine construction.
- Liaise with internal departments (production, QC/QA etc) to ensure welding process control is enforced and maintained.
Qualification / Experience
- Qualified to BSc/BEng level or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject.
- European Welding Federation qualification to Engineer level
- Chartership with The Welding Institute
- Familiar with national and international codes and specifications relating to welding.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently as required.
- Able to assimilate and process data from a range of sources.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the business.
- Significant demonstrable working knowledge of the main welding processes typically used for structural and piping applications within a heavy engineering environment.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.