Principal Systems Engineers x 5
Outline of position:
- To develop and enact the systems engineering activities in the concept phase of a major Systems of Systems programme.
- To undertake Requirements Management, V&V, Process Development and Configuration Management.
- To undertake Systems Modelling in collaboration with engineers of other disciplines.
- To liaise with internal and external stakeholders to mature systems and system supporting documentation.
- To support the development of Engineering Management Plans and the supporting governance and assurance framework.
- To maintain high quality documentation in support of the tasks being undertaken both for delivery as part of the programme and supporting business review, programme progress tracking etc.
- Development of systems engineering approach and execution of systems engineering activities with limited supervision.
- Supporting and addressing integration, qualification and certification of complex systems.
- Define, implement and govern interface management for complex systems.
- Engaging with customers and stakeholders on specific technical matters.
- Working as part of a technical team in support of project objectives.
- Supporting requirements elicitation, development and compliance management.
- Development and enactment of key systems engineering focused management plans.
- Produce technical documentation in support of work carried out.
- Plans and structures own work under direction of project leadership.
- Delivery and progress reporting to senior technical and project staff
- Escalates significant problems and issues encountered with senior staff
- Degree qualified in relevant STEM subject or demonstrable experience of working as a systems engineer in large projects
- Experience in Systems Engineering in particular for complex systems of systems.
- Experience of systems integration at cross platform level.
- Requirements derivation, verification and validation experience
- Configuration management experience
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering tools, techniques and notations highly desirable
- Awareness of architecture description frameworks (e.g. MODAF)
- Experience of using of modelling toolsets such as Sparx Enterprise Architect highly desirable
- Experience of using the DOORs toolset highly desirable
- Ability to interact and influence a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience in developing the strategy for and enacting the qualification of complex systems of systems.
- Experience of the application and adaption of systems engineering lifecycles to major engineering programmes.
- Awareness of relevant systems engineering standards such as ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288.
PLEASE NOTE: This position has been assessed as INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.