Principal Supply Chain
Supply Chain Principal
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Scotstoun as a Supply Chain Principal .
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the responsibility for the delivery of the Supply Chain inputs into the programmes to support bid activities. The role holder will work with both programme and functional teams to support the development and deployment of contracting strategies.
- Working alongside the cross functional bid team, the role holder will support the deployment the FSS Procurement Strategy through the creation and delivery of Procurement and Subcontract Management strategies ensuring customer requirements are met
- Work alongside Cost Estimating to work up cost models
- Engage with Supply Chain in support of obligations in readiness for RBA
- Establish Non-Disclosure Agreements / Security Aspects Letters with suppliers
- Prepare Pre-qualification and Invitation to tender documents for issue to potential bidders; assist in evaluation of responses; respond to bidder queries; support down-selection process.
- Work with Commercial and Legal team to define flow down requirements for the supply base
- Development and management of supplier relationships, including regular supplier visits
- Strategic subcontract management
- Liaison with Supply Chain Managers on existing and / or complimentary programs (T26 and Hunter class) to gain benefit from any cross-program synergies
Key skills & qualifications
- Procurement / Supply Chain subject matter expert, including delivery of savings within a complex program environment
- Extensive contractual and commercial working knowledge
- Highly developed negotiation skills
- Project management within Supply Chan context
- Understanding of BAE Systems Lifecycle Management process
- Previous experience of working in Export and International Supply Chain team
- Delivery and deployment of Procurement Plan and strategies
- Successful progression of Supply Chain activities in LCM Phase Reviews
- RFx (RFI / RFP) issued to marketplace
- Development and management of supplier relationships, including onsite visits
- Business reporting – including but not limited to, financial, progress against Procurement Plan, LCM reporting requirements
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £35.44 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.