Principal Structural Engineer
The role involves working in tandem with the production engineering department (PED) Designers as well as interactions with internal customers such as the jig design team, transport team, heavy lifting teams and site facility teams to complete production related engineering tasks safely and on time.
The department is involved in the largest and most complex transport, lifting and assembly tasks. This involves the engineering and design work required to safely lift, move, assemble and transport structures.
The work involves a wide variety of tasks on a unique site and on unique projects, with opportunity to work with and develop world class manufacturing capabilities.
- Completion, checking and approval of calculations in support of production related activities
- Design compliance with safety related legislation.
- Design compliance with department design procedures.
- Design compliance with British, European and other appropriate Engineering Standards.
- Degree qualified in relevant subject
- Preferably a chartered engineer
- Engineer with a construction, mechanical, marine engineering or Naval Architecture degree (or equivalent).
- Experience with design substantiation of lifting equipment
- Experience of design substantiation of steel structures
- Experience of working with the restrictions imposed by design codes or standards.
- Chartered Engineer or in final stages of working towards Chartered Engineer status
- Specific experience with BS EN 1993 and BS EN 1990
- Specific calculation experience using Abaqus CAE
PLEASE NOTE: This role has been confirmed as being INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.