Principal Safety & Environmental Engineer
ALTHOUGH BASED OUT OF BARROW, THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED FROM HOME FOR THE FIRST 6 MONTHS WITH OCCASIONAL VISITS TO THE SITE REQUIRED.
- To execute, evaluate, deliver and manage complex engineering and/or cross functional tasks or programmes of work recognising stakeholder and customer requirements.
- Overall purpose of the role is to contribute to the development of a Product Safety Case for a large complex engineering product.
- The following activities are typical of work that may be carried out with the appropriate level of guidance and support, in full or part dependant on the role:
- Identify system and functional hazards using techniques such as Hazop, SWIFT, and Functional Hazard Assessments etc
- Undertake system and functional complex analysis using analysis techniques such as: Fault Tree and Event Tree Analysis and Production of Functional Level safety justifications.
- Review System Level safety justifications to support the Functional Level safety justification.
- Providing guidance on all aspects of Product Safety to Engineers within the function.
- Liaison on all aspects of the Product Safety case with customers and suppliers
- Attend and contribute to Design Reviews.
- Developing Safety Functional Requirements (SFRs);
- Authoring annexes of a safety case.
- Appropriate knowledge of the way in which the product is to be operated
- Honours Degree or equivalent experience in the appropriate discipline
- Knowledge of the techniques of Systems Engineering
- Sufficient experience to be able to identify unusual characteristics and other departures from normal practice that may require deeper investigation.
- Sufficient knowledge of the range of disciplines involved in the product design to be able to identify the best design compromises.
- The ability to analyse complex problems and identify the most critical issues.
- Experience in a range of safety techniques including:
- Systems Safety Analysis
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Fault Schedules
- Safety Case development
- ALARP argument development.
- SFR development.
- Experience in a range of safety standards and guidance, typically, E.g. IEC61508, DO178, DEF-STAN-00-56, ARP-4761
- Experience of weapons system safety
PLEASE NOTE: This role has been assessed as being INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.