Principal Procurement Professional
Principal Procurement Professional
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Barrow as a Principal Procurement Professional.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to provide supply chain/procurement expertise, services, support and/or strategy implementation/deployment to meet the operational needs of line management.
- Be responsible for transactional and more detailed supply chain subcontract activity within your area (you and reports) including; raising Request for Quotations, negotiating price and lead times, creating and managing purchase orders and associated contractual requirements, expediting delivery and managing payments and sub-contract change.
- Understand and be responsible for the requirements associated with managing data deliverables, supplier visits (onsite and at supplier sites), supplier relationship management.
- Understand and, as required, be responsible for the requirements associated with management by the team of supplier performance and improvement activity, including taking responsibility for proactive risk and opportunity management.
- Oversee and monitor supplier assessment and due diligence activity for assigned area
- Responsible for delegated aspects of the development and agreement of supply chain strategies within your area and promoting cross functional collaboration to ensure full, thorough engagement and buy-in to contracting strategies.
- Take individual responsibility for your role in negotiations/take lead in delegated aspects negotiation strategy and negotiations
- Responsible for reporting of cost savings / cost avoidance for individuals’ assigned area and deliver ongoing cost analysis and forecasting and robust project / contract management.
- Communicate with suppliers and internal / external stakeholders – resolving a wide variety of routine problems and quality issues, escalating complex / high impact issues when necessary.
- Understand the requirements associated with mitigation/exploitation plans for risk and opportunities and ensure, where relevant, the ownership of action plans and residual risk is allocated appropriately.
- Ensure business systems such as SAP and Workspace are kept up-to-date with quality, accurate information relating to your supply chain activity and in accordance with document management policy and process.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders to optimise engagement and communication at all times.
- Actively promote PDR and PDP compliance to ensure that the performance and behaviours of the team are conducive to the delivery of the team’s performance targets
- Support the delivery of the product by ensuring, with support of line manager, that direct reports have purpose and clarity and are empowered to meet key delivery targets on time and within budget.
Key skills & qualifications
- Ability to take responsibility for supply chain principles and practices
- Ability to take responsibility for negotiation and supplier management techniques
- Ability to take responsibility for commercial aspects of contracts (with support).
- Sound understanding of Terms & Conditions and commercial aspects of the contract to supply chain and contract management activities.
- Understanding of suppliers’ operation and working with them to optimize their service to the business.
- Ability to take responsibility for supply chain professionals reporting to you where applicable.
- Experience in a similar role is essential.
- CIPS qualifications, or equivalent, or working towards are desirable.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £27.24 per hour
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.