We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Weymouth as a Principal Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to support to design and analysis tasks in support of the company’s programmes and conduct the activities described within the appropriate Human Factors Integration Plan.
- Task, Workload, Situation Awareness and Human Reliability Analysis
- Workspace analysis
- Human Machine Interface / Human Computer Interface development
- Manpower and Target Audience development
- Health Hazard assessment
- To produce evidence in support of qualification, legislative requirements and safety justifications and provide specialist support for associated activities
- To contribute to identification and rapid closure of issues emerging from all product lifecycle stages and to manage the resulting change embodiment activities
- To undertake peer reviews or checking / verification tasks as directed
- To provide realistic programme status, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans
- To provide support to the Certificate of Design activities appropriate to the discipline
- To articulate and present complex technical argument clearly, logically and simply
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HSandE Management System documentation e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HSandE rules and control measures.
- To produce human factors analysis, assessment and user trials reports in accordance with the detailed human factors plan
- To provide human factors advice to the project.
- Human factors representation at spatial and technical reviews and decision panels
- Build good working relationships with the appropriate system engineers
Key skills & qualifications
- A general understanding of the manufacturing, assembly, commissioning and testing processes used within the business.
- Basic understanding of the challenges posed by the environment that the product will be exposed to.
- Relevant experience as a Human Factors practitioner.
- Capable of achieving the appropriate Professional Institution membership level as detailed in the Role profile, supported by a degree or equivalent in a Human Factors related discipline.
- Knowledge of the capabilities and the most appropriate uses of specialised analysis tools
- Knowledge or at least recognition of relevant engineering standards (including safety and environmental regulations).
- Recognition of the limits of own knowledge so that specialist support and development can be sought.
- Sufficient experience to be able to identify all the issues involved in area of responsibility.
- The correct recognition of the context of their work within the overall product
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £55.84 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.