Principal Engineer – Product Environmental
PRINCIPLE ENGINEER – PRODUCT ENVIRONMENTAL
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Principle Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to manage Product Environmental and Hardware materials data responsibilities across specified Systems, Naval Ships and Combat Systems projects.
- To exercise delegated responsibility for the product environmental management of a number of specified projects.
- To provide product environmental expertise to a number of specified projects.
- Generate all the required product environmental documentation including environmental statements, hazard logs, environmental assessments, environmental cases, inventory of hazardous materials, environmental impact assessments, compliance matrices & reports.
- To contribute to the pool of safety & environmental expertise within Combat Systems Engineering.
- Provide environmental expertise to any CS Bids & project planning.
- To support the internal environmental management systems.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- The production of pre-bid product hardware materials data and environmental assessments to inform the risks associated with the project.
- Displays detailed knowledge of the subject and is capable of providing guidance and advice to others.
- Production of product environmental management plans.
- EOL waste management and materials recovery.
- Life cycle analysis.
- Sustainability – the three pillars.
- Articulate the affects on CS products/project from REACH, RoHS, BPR and WEEE,
- Production of project/product REACH Article 33 Declarations.
- Produce Environmental based documents, product interaction with the Environment.
- Management of legislative compliance issues relation to hardware materials data (REACH etc) & environmental.
- Circular economy and resource efficiency.
- Production of Environmental Impact Statements.
- Perform the role of Environmental Lead on all CS projects
Key skills & qualifications
Key Technical Skills:
- Product environmental management processes and techniques (including SHE Environmental).
- Understanding of environmental management as a transversal element of naval platform design within a system of systems environment.
- Lead Auditing
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation, standards, processes and tools used in hardware data and environmental engineering.
Key Leadership, Interpersonal and People Management Skills:
- Ability to lead technical hardware materials data and environmental discussions / assessments and reviews.
- Strong commitment, self-motivation and the ability to motivate other people wrt to hardware materials data and environmental aspects.
- Self starter, team leader, adaptable and flexible.
- Strong interpersonal/communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in the safety & environmental disciplines across Engineering and the wider business.
- Organisational skills (planning, recording and argument development) and discipline (adherence of standards).
- Work independently and manage time effectively.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £64.16 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.