Principal Engineer – Nuclear Governance
PRINCIPAL ENGINEER – NUCLEAR GOVERNANCE
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Barrow as a Principal Engineer – Nuclear Governance.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to advise and supporting major facility, infrastructure and equipment projects on nuclear compliance across the full lifecycle from design through to final handover.
- Engineering Nuclear governance of Site Remediation Programme, reporting to the Site & Facilities Governance manager.
- Ultimately ensuring compliance with the Site Nuclear License conditions on behalf of the Site Engineering department.
- This role will oversee standards, procedures, and training, govern new build/modification strategies and be a key interface between stakeholders including Safety Case team, various Project delivery teams, the Design Authority, internal and external regulators.
- This role will also actively seek and lead improvements that overall enhance control of new build/modifications on the Nuclear Licence site, whilst ensuring that these Projects are guided to a successful outcome that meets both business requirements and Safety functional performance.
- Key nominations include: Deputy Chair of Site Design Change Committee. LC Assurance lead. Regulator Liaison for associated Major projects. Govern the Nuclear Major Project Hold Point Control. Governance of ‘Control of Site Construction, Installation, Commissioning and/or Modification of Site Facilities’ procedures.
Key skills & qualifications
- Experience with Nuclear Governance/ Improvements across Operations, Safety Case, Maintenance and Major Projects on a Nuclear Licenced Site.
- Ideally Engineering discipline with good understanding of Nuclear Safety case methodology.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, be a good communicator at levels and have ability to influence others in a supportive approach whilst achieving strong governance across multiple stakeholders.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £66.00 per hour (Inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.