Principal Engineer – Human Factors
PRINCIPAL ENGINEER – HUMAN FACTORS
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Barrow as a Principal Engineer – Human Factors.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to deliver Human Factors input to maritime and submarine programmes at the forefront of vessel engineering.
- Write HFIPs (work stream specific)
- Update the HF Issues Registers
- HF attendance / support to Hazard Identification (HAZID)
- HF support to the identification of Human Based safety claims (HBSCs)
- HF input to the Fault Schedule
- HEP calculation sheets in support of the Fault Schedule
- Assess Safety Actions (SAs) – Operator Claims in the safety case
- HF Screening for detailed assessment
- Detailed Detailed Human Error Assessment – DHEA Report
Key skills & qualifications
- Degree or higher qualified in a human factors or safety related discipline
- Experience of Providing HF advice to a large project
- Knowledge of human factors in nuclear safety cases
- Experience of Hazard ID
- Used to working with Safety Case teams and fault schedules
- Experience of Design Basis Assessment (DBA) and Probabilistic Safety Assessment (PSA) – desirable
- Experience in conducting human reliability analyses and Detailed Human Error Assessments (DHEA)
- Understanding of nuclear site licensing conditions – SAPs and TAGs
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £88.22 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.