Principal Engineer – Boats in Service
Act as a Design Authority for vessels within the BISS contract, including:
- Peer Review of engineering work.
- Approval of engineering work.
- Application of Governance process with agreement of BGEM and in accordance with Engineering Management Plan, inc. Design Certification.
- Application of Product Safety Practices.
As BISS Principle Engineer, the appointee will have responsibility for satisfying the technical requirements (contractual and business) of the systems, for the fitness for purpose of the system design, for its correct implementation and or ensuring that the system design and implementation meets all statutory, regulatory and corporate governance rules.
- The technical guidance for BISS Engineering Output
- Review and approval of Post Design Services (PDS) tasking.
- PDS growth and customer engagement activities (including customer meetings and proposing new work).
- Peer Review and approval of engineering work.
- Lead engineering projects from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Engage in drafting, vetting and editing technical reports or other documents relevant to, or required by, a particular task in order to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated with recipients
- Maintain accurate records of all design related work in accordance with relevant extant procedures to ensure a complete design record of work undertaken
- Participate in the preparation and submission of technical proposals and Statements of Work as required to support the PDS tasking.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.