Principal Electrical Engineer
- Ensure effective application of processes, including supporting the design, modifications and improvements in the following areas, in accordance with relevant standards and best practice:-
- LV Distribution, QPS and Electrical Safety
- LV Protection Systems and Earthing Systems
- LV Cabling and Cable routing
- Converted Supplies
- Portable Apparatus and Domestic Supplies
- Aviation Support
- General and Special Lighting
- Hull Preservation Systems
- Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
- Carry out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Act as main point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives.
- Support the identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in area(s) of expertise to facilitate the development of the highest quality bids.
- Carry out team planning, risk management and ensure quality across all scopes of work.
- Develop the team through the L&D and performance management process.
- Carry out technical investigations, and assess/provide recommendations regarding consequences.
- Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority..
Key skills & qualifications
- Typically degree qualified, likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline.
- Meet the requirements for registration as Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and preferably be a member of a relevant Professional Body.
- 5 Years’ experience in engineering or a defence related industry.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals within current discipline.
- Recognised and consulted as one of the experts within at least one domain or for possessing deep knowledge of several domains within current discipline.
- Sufficient breadth of knowledge of warship design.
- Strong people management skills and leadership experience in a multi-disciplined engineering environment.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £42.01 per hour (INSIDE OF IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.