Principal Assurance Engineer
- Reporting directly into the major Programme Assurance Leads.
- Provision of technical advice to peers and junior members within the department on specialist Product Safety matters. To provide advice and recommendations to the CS&S Head of Assurance on Product Safety technical matters.
- Delivery of corporate and business Product Safety objectives within the department and the provision of specialist Product Safety advice to other business functions in the delivery of their corporate and business Product Safety objectives.
- This is in the context of the four principles of Product Safety – Accountability, Level of Safety, Conforming Product and Learning & Sharing
- Support the CS&S Head of Assurance and there designated Programme Leads at Product Safety related meetings.
- To provide assurance that the required levels of safety are delivered in our products & services throughout all phases of Life Cycle Management.
- Delivery of independent Product Safety assurance evidence through Life Cycle Management key hold points that products and services conform to their design intent. Includes assurance at the product, services, functional integration, and system levels.
- Leading audits on the Maritime – Submarines CS&S business for our Product Safety Management Systems.
- Liaising with other business functions and teams to ensure successful integration of Product Safety within the CS&S Directorate and the wider Submarines Enterprise.
- To identify and promote Learning & Sharing matters related to Product Safety and provide assurance that Product Safety Learning & Sharing is considered and embodied across CS&S and the wider business.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of Product Safety delivery, including Safety Case production and Safety Management & Analysis activities, applied to maritime platforms or within comparable safety critical industries.
- SSMO/SEMT Qualified
- Application experience of Life Cycle Management.
- Influencing people both orally and in writing.
- Degree in STEM related discipline or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent via an appropriate Institution.
- Understanding of Complex System design, Functional Safety, Functional interfaces, relationships and dependencies.
- Thorough knowledge of submarine design Product Safety policies, standards and processes (Inc. DSA 02, JSP 430, Def Stan 0055 & 0056, Def Stan 02-207)
- Understanding of Submarines business, including policies, processes and functional department’s interfaces/dependencies
- MSc in Safety Engineering
- What we’re looking for in you:
- You must possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate business and technical Product Safety knowledge to a variety of stakeholders is critical. You must be a self-starter and also have the ability to influence others, whilst putting forward clear, concise and credible reasoning to support judgements.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.