PMO Portfolio and Programme Support Lead
PMO Portfolio and Programme Support Lea
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Preston as a PMO Portfolio and Programme Support Lea.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with responsibility for supporting a Portfolio or Programme Manager and their Project Managers to ensure projects are being delivered to time, cost and quality, using correct toolsets, processes and procedures and providing accurate and timely reporting.
- Establish governance activities across the Programme, aligned to the PMO direction
- Review and production of PMC reporting at programme / portfolio level for Senior stakeholders and steering boards , tailored to different audiences and ensuring deadlines are adhered to
- Undertake insight and analysis of data to proactively identify issues and trends and support Programme Manager or Portfolio Lead and Project Managers in delivery
- Ensure PMC processes and controls are understood and adhered to by delivery managers
- Support project and programme managers in project scheduling and dependency management; establishing governance process to track
- Lead risk, assumption, issue and opportunity management at programme / portfolio level, ensuring common risks are managed at Programme level
- Manage central resourcing plans and associated processes eg invoice management, order management
- Support Programme Manager and Project Finance team to ensure PM’s are reporting on latest finance position – EAC’s and ETC’s and the project finances are maintained
- Undertake assurance activities across projects within portfolio in line with quality and compliance requirements
- Operate the change control process for the programme
- Lead continuous improvement activities including sharing of best practice and implementation and embedding across the team
- Maintaining project libraries and ensuring effective document control
- Provide coaching support to other members of the team
Key skills & qualifications
- Comprehensive PM&C experience demonstrated in a professional role within a business or project.
- Practised PM&C / PMO professional with experience of operating in a highly governed PMO and of providing assurance
- Broad knowledge and experience of working on complex Programmes
- Advanced Problem solving based upon previous experience and knowledge
- In-depth understanding of risk, issue and dependency management at project and portfolio level
- Practiced at resource management at Programme level
- Experienced in producing and reviewing complex project schedules
- Collaborative working style both within own team and as part of wider cross functional teams
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to gather, collate and analyse complex information from multiple sources
- Experience of influencing internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to capture, evaluate and share good practice
- Educated to HNC or equivalent, preferably in a related discipline
- Project management qualification: APM / PMDY Prince2
- MS Project
- MS Office – advanced excel, PowerPoint, word
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £462.65 per day (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.