Platform Engineer – Linux
Longterm rolling contract opportunity for an experienced Linux Platform Engineer working with an organization in the finance sector.
In this role you will work on the Linux systems that run their trading platforms and exchange. This will include troubleshooting, incident resolution, maintenance, project delivery and support for proactive and preventative analysis of Production & development systems.
Hybrid working with time required on-site in London.
Role is inside IR35.
Experience in financial sector is required
Key experience sought:
- Strong and proven background with Redhat Enterprise Linux/ CentOS 5/6/7 managed through a satellite infrastructure
- Managed an estate of 1000+ hosts across administration, networking, backup, restore, monitoring & troubleshooting
- 1+ years scripting experience (bash/Perl/ Ruby and automating tasks with Puppet and Redhat Satellite
- Comfortable writing new and existing configuration management (Puppet ideally)
- Strong working knowledge of common Linux file systems (ext3, ext4, XFS) and LVM configuration and management as well as hardware RAID concepts.
- Experience with custom RPM generation.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills
- Calm under pressure and able to work to tight deadlines
Platform Engineer – Linux: Red Hat Linux, CentOS, scripting, Puppet, Linux systems administration, financial, finance
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.