Networks Integration Engineer
Networks Integration Engineer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Networks Integration Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work in a highly varied role, with major participation in IT, security, facilities management, process design and documentation; and the implementation of a multi-platform network and the resolution of any security issues. The role is in the Aerospace sector.
The Project Networks Integration Engineer shall also have responsibility for tracking the progress of the teams technical implementation of requirements devised from Events, Integration and General operations of the facility and ensuring progress metrics are maintained at all times.
Other duties and responsibilities of a Network Integration Engineer include:
- Establishing and maintaining IT and digital communication infrastructure, including LAN network Security and Management, plus Integration with WAN Networks whilst maintaining Security standards
- Establishing and maintaining digital communication software, including email, user logins and passwords, this includes setting up new users with domain email accounts and providing them with access to the network, as well as troubleshooting for existing employees.
- Training new staff to operate within the Projects IT Systems/Networks and ensuring that new staff are aware of company communication policies
- Making sure that the networks are protected from malware and viruses, identifying areas that might be under threat and areas where security can be improved, keeping up to date on ever-changing cyber-threats
- Installing and maintaining firewalls, establishing and maintaining company-wide access policies to the internet and Integrated Networks
- Providing technical support and assistance to employees.
- Performing analysis and collecting data to establish the potential for improvements within the communication networks
- Working with third-party providers to keep the networks running efficiently
- Maintaining the Project Call Manager Express phone system and working closely with the phone service provider to keep the lines active
Key skills & qualifications
- A proven track record as a Networks Integration Engineer or equivalent Network Manager or Senior Network Engineer required
- Experience in the delivery of projects to a fixed customer requirement
- Knowledge of communication and routing protocols used within businesses including Experience with Cisco IOS, VLANs, NAT Routing, IPsec Tunnels
- Familiarity with network analysis tools such as SolarWinds, Progress WhatsUpGold
- Advanced knowledge of the network operating systems (including Cisco, JUNOS, and IOS)
- Knowledge and understanding of key networking hardware (including CPUs, wiring, and routers)
Cisco IOS Network Configuration and Routing
JUNOS, HPE Aruba, experience of working with MoD Networks
Windows Domain Server (2012+) Administration (GPO creation and maintenance), Accounts, Computer Management
Windows 10/11 Image Creation/Deployment
Antivirus and Threat Detection Software
McAfee ePO/MVISION Configuration and Administration
Linux OS Administration
SQL Design and CLI for Database Operations
Remote Desktop Management (RDP)
VNC, Remote KVM, Juniper Networks, Sophos Secure Solutions
Experience Using Network Management Monitoring Tools (SNMP traps)
SolarWinds, Progress WhatsUpGold
Network Backup and Archiving tools (inc VMs, Storage Arrays)
Veritas Backup Exec
Network Design and Security Documentation (ATO, , RMADS, SOCC/COCO)
Experience of working with MoD Networks and Documentation level (JSP 640)
IA Security Documentation
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £50.77 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.