We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in South London as a Networks Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to undertake a defined range of Network engineering design, development & test activities for our clients’ programme in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements under the direction of the Network engineering team leader.
- Design and Assessment Studies
- Configured equipment
- Technical Reports and Specifications
- Engineering planning material
- Presentation material
- Implementation estimates (in man-hours)
Key skills & qualifications
We require a Network engineer with experience of a number of the following:
- An understanding of how to configure and setup Juniper and Dell Switches and Fortinet Firewalls
- Experience with configuring and installing client and server network software
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking (LAN) and/or Wide Area Networking (WAN) technologies
- An understanding of the technology behind a switched architecture and its workings (DNS, DHCP, Security, IP Switching/Routing, HTTP, VPN, etc.)
- Current Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS or JNCIP certification
- Experience of working with Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables (Cat 5-6), Fibre Optics, Racks LAN, WAN, TCP/IP (Ethernet)
- Network Management & Monitoring Systems e.g. Solarwinds
- A good knowledge of all phases of the software lifecycle but with particular experience in Integration & Acceptance.
Ideally knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Windows Server 2003 & 2008;
- Other operating systems including VMware ESXi Server 4/5, Linux (SUSE /RedHat).
- Working knowledge of various VMware tools.
- Working knowledge of SAN Technologies.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Location: Kingston Upon Thames
Rate: £50.42 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.