We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Christchurch as a Network Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to support the production of technical artefacts and the implementation of the core Physical and Virtual networking components which form the backbone of platforms.
- Building and configuring technical solutions of networked hardware and software.
- Integration of COTS hardware and software.
- Adherence to systems engineering practices.
- Fault finding and resolution of issues in a production environment to a successful conclusion.
- Producing clear and concise technical documentation.
- Collaboration with other members of the agile team; sharing knowledge and peer reviewing others work.
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership.
- Occasional visits to customer sites to support deployment.
Key skills & qualifications
- Installation and configuration of Layer 2 switched networks and Layer 3 routed networks.
- Functional domain knowledge of routing protocols e.g. MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, and RIP.
- Configuration and support of VRF, L2TP, GRE, and VSS technologies.
- Experience of Virtual Private Networking including IP Security and the provisioning of Public Key Infrastructure Certification Authorities.
- Experience of Software Defined Network concepts, configuration and deployment
- Experience of network management protocols e.g. SNMP, SSH, SysLog, ICMP.
- Technical documentation production.
- Must hold or be eligable for SC clearance
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £44.50 per hour
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.