Network Designer (SC Cleared)
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Christchurch as a Network Designer.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to use cutting edge commercial and military technologies, you will design and help develop the solutions for the operational environment.
- Understanding and interpreting customer requirements;
- Creation of high level and detailed network designs;
- Developing an understanding of existing commercial, military networks and communications;
- Innovate and push the boundaries to create new and novel network related products;
- Develop network designs into prototypes and deliverable solutions;
- Production of technical network documentation and drawings;
- Support to product lifecycles, including verification, validation and product compliance;
- Support to planning and estimating;
- Management of technical risks;
Key skills & qualifications
Skills & Qualifications(some of):
- Track record of Enterprise, Project, System or Product level network designs;
- Secure network solutions, including use of CIS Benchmarks, NCSC, DISA STIG and JSP;
- Cisco range of devices, including Nexus, Catalyst, ASA, ISR, ASR, ISE;
- Firewalls, including Juniper, McAfee, Palo Alto
- Crypto devices, including Catapan
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware VCF and NSX;
- Network monitoring tools and management, such as SolarWinds;
- VPN Connectivity, such as IPsec, SSL, L2TP, MPLS and DMVPN;
- System Engineering tools and processes; Desirable Skills:
- Comms Links including Data Links, 3G, 4G, 5G, Satellite, Terrestrial and Bearers;
- Software Defined Radios (SDR) experience;
- Familiarity of MOD networking programmes, theatre connectivity and global connectivity;
- Connectivity on the move;
- Commercial and military SATCOM solutions;
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £76.99 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.