Mission Systems Engineer
Mission Systems Engineer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Preston as a Mission Systems Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work across the engineering lifecycle in the design, development, test, qualification and in-service support of aircraft systems.
- Working within a Mission Systems Engineering Team to discharge activities across the various work packages/projects
- Lead and / or support engineering activities to ensure high quality and timely engineering solutions are delivered in line with programme requirements.
- Lead and / or support Mission Systems Engineering tasks (per examples above) appropriate to the needs of the programme.
- Develop internal schedules and conduct planning activities.
- Manage own workload to ensure task delivery to agreed programme, planned cost & to a high quality.
- Build & develop strong working relationships with other team members & external stakeholders.
- Attending and supporting internal and external engineering related reviews as required.
- Supporting the effective management of technical risks.
- Drafting progress reports and escalating issues when they arise
- Support a culture of continuous improvement.
Key skills & qualifications
- Degree, HND or equivalent and approximately 3-5 years’ experience in a relevant Engineering disciplin
- Experience of fulfilling challenging customer requirements to tight timescales and budgets
- Experience of working in a collaborative environment with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to respond positively to unforeseen changes will be key to maintaining a positive and responsive working environment
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering especially ‘Systems of Systems’ engineering
- Knowledge of the European Product Safety, CE and EMC legislation
- Knowledge of the Engineering Lifecycle and typical aircraft development lifecycle
- Experience using IBM Telelogic DOORS Requirements Management tool
- Previous design or test experience of aircraft avionics
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £48.35 per hour (inside IR35)
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment