We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a MCAD Designer.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with Engineers conceptual information and further develop it into a detailed design and data pack that is suitable for manufacture.
- Create 2D and 3D solid modelled designs, for a wide range of products from small components to large complex sub-systems.
- Create conceptual design schemes from engineering information.
- Support first off build activities.
- Liaise with sub-contract manufacturers and suppliers.
- Create detailed manufacturing drawings of piece parts and assembly drawings.
- Implement design changes
- Work to company standards, processes and guidelines.
- Resolve obsolescence issues.
- Proficient in the use of SAP PDM tool for maintaining and updating design data.
- Raise ER’s, PR’s and Concessions
- The role holder will have either technical responsibility within one large project, and/or undertake a number of task-based activities across various products and projects.
Key skills & qualifications
- Mechanical or Electro-mechanical qualification to HNC level.
- Proficient in the use of 2D and 3D CAD design/draughting tools, preferably Siemens NX.
- Experience of designing to meet Environmental requirements (EMC, Shock and Vibration)
- Experience of design for manufacture and design for maintainability practices.
- A good understanding of BS8888 Engineering Drawing standards (previously BS308).
- An understanding of Electrical drawing practices, creation of Circuit Diagrams and Wiring Schedules under the guidance of Electrical Engineers.
- Able to present ideas and explain the rationale in both written and verbal form.
- Interpersonal skills to a high standard to obtain information from multi-disciplinary teams.
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £32.49 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.