Material Provision Co-Ordinator
– Accountable for pre-production checks to ensure right materials and tooling is assigned to work orders that enable Team Leaders to allow first time execution of work.
– Ownership for kitting materials to Service orders in the lay apart areas so materials are in hand. Deliver kitted Service orders to the receipt and despatch area of the project.
– When materials are MSM work collaboratively with MoD team so these are collected from the ship and kitted as part of the kitting and pre-production checks process.
– Accountable for maintaining and monitoring both the consumable containers and line side feeds.
– Work collaboratively with the Production Planners and supply chain team by completing material usage reviews and ensuring the relevant follow up actions are actioned by ensuring Planning task lists are updated in conjunction with Production Planners so lessons are identified for future projects.
– Work collaboratively with other stakeholders such as logistics to improve the material provision and recommend adjustments to the Min/Max stock levels accordingly to ensure the right level of materials are is always available.
– Accountable for taking issues and problems with materials/tooling and apply fundamental problem solving skills to resolve issues that arise from production delivery.
– Work collaboratively with the Productiion planning team to ensure the parts database within SAP are as accurate as possible and achieve sharing of best practices across the material community.
– Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of ship repair production processes, methods and safe practices within one or more trade disciplines and the practical implications of product safety assurance.
– Ability to Find and extract Material components from customer requirements and liaise with customer where necessary to resolve technical issues.
– PC literate and competent with Microsoft Excel/Access and able to use an ERP system without supervision to undertake the planning role.
– Logical, analytical and structured approach to problem solving
– Self management and motivation to identify and deliver tasks within acceptable time with minimal guidance and supervision
– Able to support other team members and monitor own progress against planned delivery and quality targets and to contribute to continuous improvement of the planning function.
– Awareness of general H&S/Environmental regulations and safe working practices
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.