MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN/PRODUCTION OPERATIVE – FIBER OPTICS/PLASTIC
A fantastic opportunity to work for a well-established and trusted global brand, that places considerable emphasis on learning and development and secures a portfolio of excellent benefits for its employees; including a competitive salary, bonus scheme, optional overtime bonuses, a high pension contribution and an array of health and leisure perks.
To carry out the manufacture of fiber optic cables and micro ducts utilising polymer extrusion technology and associated equipment. Undertake a range of supporting tasks including production set-up activities, assembly operations, quality control inspection and processing tasks to meet production requirements.
This will require working a rotating three shift pattern. Possible weekend and overtime when required. Training will be given to set, run, QC test and undertake maintenance activities on multiple extrusion lines, within our continuous process operation.
* Set-up and running of multiple production lines and equipment.
* QC testing products using a variety of equipment to ensure very high quality standards are maintained.
* Efficiently meeting all production work requirements allocated following operating procedures and works instructions.
* To carry out any other functions as necessary for the smooth running of the production process.
* To produce the highest standard of work possible, in accordance with the Company’s ISO9001 processes
* To work as a member of a team helping to implement and carry out all company working practices and Health, Safety and Environmental procedures
* Experience of running extrusion lines preferable otherwise experience in plastic processing industry generally.
* Ideally, applicants will have experience of setting and operating machinery within a manufacturing environment.
What we’re looking for:
Educated to GCSE level in Maths, English and Science with grades A-C/8-4 or equivalent. HNC level in a related discipline (Manufacturing / Engineering) is desirable but not essential.
* Previous experience in a Production / Manufacturing / Factory environment is desirable but not essential
* Practical hands-on mechanical ability and problem solving
* Good interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a larger team
* Organised and punctual
* Able to work to deadlines with an attention to detail
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* The ability to work with and without direct supervision
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitmentApply Now