We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Govan as a Manufacturing Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to develop, implement and govern capable methods of manufacture, assembly, disassembly and repair (including method of verification) which can meet customer and business requirements for Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery throughout the product lifecycle.
- Influence the design to ensure it is in line with current & evolving manufacturing capability
- Develop the manufacturing capability and technology (including IT) to ensure the design requirement can be met
- Support development of make versus buy strategy and decisions
- Support build line and continuous improvements
- Be responsible for translating the Engineering Design intent (Drawings, standards etc.) into Manufacturing Engineering data for use in Operations.
- Be responsible for ensuring that their Manufacturing Engineering output meets all relevant Safety and Quality requirements.
- Be responsible for generating and progressing Manufacturing Engineering output in-line with Project / Programme requirements.
- Be responsible for the defining and execution of emergent work affecting manufacture, fabrication or construction.
- Be responsible for analysing manufacturing data to ensure that the process improvement or investment decisions are made based on data
- Be responsible for communicating and working with a variety of stakeholders to deliver packages of work which achieve a ‘business best practice’ solution.
- Provide functional support to local and business wide improvement initiatives. (e.g. Visual management, SQCDP, LfE etc.)
- Be responsible for the analysis of manufacturing data to drive process improvement
- Be responsible for the correct and efficient use of Lean Tools and Techniques (A3’s, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Root Cause Analysis etc.).
- Be responsible for developing their depth and breadth of Manufacturing Engineering knowledge and skills.
Key skills & qualifications
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Generate creative and innovative ideas
- Knowledge of relevant Engineering & Manufacturing Engineering standards and SHE regulations
- HNC or equivalent, with experience of working in a Manufacturing Engineering role OR Foundation degree with some practical experience
- Responsible for progressing own development opportunities
- Adaptable to ever changing demands / working under pressure
- Strong personal and technical skills
- Proactive work ethic
- Able to communicate at various levels using a variety of techniques
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £40.01 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.